CODE OF CONDUCT
'MDH aims to create a supportive, non-judgemental, friendly, fun, inclusive, empowering and professional learning environment for everyone to enjoy. Our ‘Code of Conduct’ helps to uphold these community values for our Students, Teachers and Staff.'
- ALL students must sign in at reception PRIOR to class, even if students have signed in online.
- We ask that students arrive 10-15 minutes before class allowing for enough time to sign in and prepare so that when the classroom opens, students are ready to start.
- It is not acceptable to sign in after class. Students found participating in class without having signed in will be asked to leave the class to sign in before being able to re-join.
- MDH has a 10 minute cut-off policy.
- If students need to leave before the end of class they must receive permission from the teacher before class commences.
DANCING TO YOUR LEVEL
- We ask that all students attend classes suitable to their level of experience and ability.
- In the interest of Workplace Health and Safety, MDH reserves the right to move a student into a more suitable class level should there be risk of injury to the student or other dancers. MDH reserves the right to refuse entry to a class if deemed too advanced or otherwise unsuitable for the student. If unsure on class levels, students should ask their teacher or a MDH management.
APPROPROPRIATE CONDUCT, DRESS CODE AND HYGIENE
- Please respect other students’ personal space. Unwanted physical contact will not be tolerated.
- Observe personal hygiene and refrain from wearing perfumes, strong smelling lotions or fragrances, as some people are sensitive or allergic to them.
- Students are expected to wear comfortable, non-restrictive clothing to class that is appropriate to the dance style. Please ask teachers or staff if unsure of what to wear.
CHATTING IN CLASS
- Please be respectful of teachers and other students by refraining from chatting in class. Disruptive behaviour is not acceptable and non-complying students may be asked to leave.
- Please ensure your mobile phone is in your bag and on silent prior to class commencing. Checking phones whilst the class is in session is not ok.
USING A STUDIO OUT OF TIMETABLED TIME
- Studio hire must be booked and paid for at reception prior to use. Staying back after class without permission from management is not accepted.
PHOTOGRAPHY AND FILMING IN CLASS
- Photography and filming is strictly prohibited unless you have the express permission of MDH Management and the class teacher.
FOOD AND DRINK
- Only water is permitted in the studios; no other food and drink is permitted inside the studios (including energy drinks).
- CHEWING GUM IS BANNED from the entire premises.
- MDH does not accept responsibility for lost items. It is students’ responsibility to take care of all personal belongings. A lost property basket can be found at reception and is emptied each month.